St Andrew's House, Government Building
We have returned to the prestigious Scottish Government building, St Andrew’s House to provide access to high level parapet stone areas for specialist stone repairs.
Having collaborated with our client we were able to vastly reduce the amount of scaffolding by designing and erecting a cantilever drop/slung scaffold which is erected from the parapet itself and dropping 8ft below the external edge to access stone repairs areas.
The advantages of this approach are as follows:
1. Reduction of scaffold materials used to access work area.
2. Lower scaffold hire costs, saved client £16k
3. No security risk to building due to only access being within secure courtyard & not exposed to public areas.
4. Reduction of manual handling & working at heights risk.
5. Saving on program time for client.